Development of recommendations on implementation of performance-based budgeting and system of monitoring of public services provision in education
The full name of the project is: “Assistance in developing of recommendations on implementation of performance-based budgeting and system of monitoring of public services provision in education on the level of general school educational institutions, and institualizing parents’ donations (prevention of illegal money turnover, establishing of public entities that would participate in negotiations upon amounts as well as in the following-up monitoring of the donated money spendings).
Client: Education Department of Krasnoyarsk Krai
Project Team Leader: Natalia Tipenko
Project duration: August 1 – December 5 (10), 2007
Administration of Krasnoyarsk Krai, following its socio-economic development plans, contracted the CFP to analyze current situation in education sector of public services; develop recommendations, proposals, and methodological materials related to the experience in the areas of monitoring of public services provision and evaluation of performance of public services providers on the level of general school educational institutions. In addition the CFP will develop recommendations towards improvement of the widely used practice of forcing parents to donate to schools without parental control over spending of the donated money. The CFP will analyze programs and activity plans of the general school educational institutions (no less than 100 of those of different types) and develop the following materials:
- Reports on the study results.
- Analysis of financial and economic state of the general school educational institutions as for July 1, 2007.
- Package of the methodological recommendations that presumably will create a base for incorporation of the system of monitoring and evaluation of public services in education on the level of general school educational institutions.
- Analysis of financial and economic state of parental donations to schools as for July 1, 2007.
- Recommendations on establishing non-governmental entities to control over parental donations collections and spending.
- Development of mechanism of institualizing parental donations.
Besides this, the CFP will organize training events (such as seminars, master-classes, public discussions, etc.) for the regions – participants of the project.
Other CFP's projects on this theme: