- Cities of Vladikavkaz (Northern Osetia – Alania) and Nalchik (Kabardino-Balkaria) won tender for federal subsidies for implementation municipal finance reform program. The CFP assisted those cities in drafting the programs which then were submitted to the Ministry of Finance of RF.
- On May 27 – 30, 2008 the CFP conducted the 8th training seminar entitled “Budget and Budget Process on Local Level” for the Southern Federal District (SFD) of the Russian Federation. The seminar was attended by 73 people from 11 regions of SFD. Along with traditional themes - intergovernmental fiscal relations and performance-based budgeting on local level, - the CFP presented such new issues as interrelation between strategic planning and long-term financial planning on local level and transition from financing of budgetary net to financing of public services on local level.
Within the framework of two projects
- Incorporation of performance-based budgeting mechanismsm in Social Protection, Education, Culture and Health Sectors in Lipetsk Oblast. Optimization of the managerial systems in order to improve financial sustainability of public services provision and
- Transition to performance-based budgeting within the framework of the Reform of Regional Finance in Nizhniy Novgorod Oblast in 2006 2008 Program
the CFP assisted Lipetsk and Nizhny Novgorod oblasts in drafting regional finance reform programs. The two regions became winners in the tender for federal subsidies for implementation of the programs in which (i.e., implementation) N. Novgorod then invited the CFP to provide technical assistance to it.
The CFP is about completing the World Bank project Analytical work on indicators of effectiveness of local governments in the context of decentralization reform
Besides seminar for SFD, the CFP conducted three more trainings. This includes:
- Budget and Budget Process on Local Level for the officials of finance departments of municipalities of the Central Federal District
- How to incorporate public services in budgetary planning and performance-based budgeting for Tumen Oblast
- Training seminar for the Republic of Kazakhstan (RK) on development of the new Budget Code for RK