On April 19, 2013, Galina Kurlyandskaya took part in the meeting of the Working Group of the State Council of Russia “On measures to improve the efficiency of budget spending”
On April 19, 2013, Galina Kurlyandskaya took part in the meeting of the Working Group of the State Council of Russia “On measures to improve the efficiency of budget spending”.
The agenda included the following:
Analysis of the current situation with public expenditures and main tasks on the way to improve their effectiveness
- Federal government’s initiatives to improve effectiveness of public expenditures
- Analysis of best practices of Russian regions and obstacles to their dissemination
- Interaction of measures to improve the effectiveness of public expenditures and the budgetary process
Guidelines for improving public expenditure management
- Broadening the practice of program budgeting
- State contractual system: formation mechanisms
- Improving the efficiency of state investments by improving the forms of public-private partnership
- Restructuring of the network of budget institutions, improving the quality of and access to public and municipal services
Encourage broader public participation and monitoring to increase effectiveness of public spending
The Recommendations of the State Council of Russia on improving the effectiveness of public spending were submitted for implementation as part of the Russian Government’s instructions.